Diskussionsforum

- Forum - Statistik - Sök -
schackOnline diskussionsforum / Schackdiskussion / The slow game
<< . 1 . 2 .
Författare Meddelande
Maigret
Medlem
#31 Skrivet: 16 Mar 2021 13:01 - Redigerad av: Maigret

I have to say, I am not able to see anything polite nor unpolite in this. Most of the players here are not native English speakers. Everything about rules and instructions is written in Swedish and it is taken for granted that you understand these rules and instructions when you register for the site.
Every now and then, there are posts in English in different discussions. I think this is perfectly fine but cannot see anything wrong with writing in Swedish if that is what you are most comfortable with. I think most players can understand enough of the English posts even if they prefer to write in Swedish. I think it is nice with posts in both English and Swedish. Why not take the opportunity to learn a little Swedish from the posts, and we learn a little English from yours. I am not able to see anybody being unfriendly in the discussions.

Benzell
Medlem
#32 Skrivet: 16 Mar 2021 14:52 - Redigerad av: Benzell

The point was : I started a thread in english and I was looking forward to take part of the following discussion. I dont demand that everybody skuold write in english in every thread. But it wolud be polite in mine. I´m really trying to do my best to learn swedish, but it will take some time.
Maybe SO should consider to complete with en english version, to inivite forreign players

timmy
Medlem
#33 Skrivet: 16 Mar 2021 16:35

SO is a non profit-site where members, on their spare time, arrange tournaments and moderate threads. Completion with an english version will take a lot of time in claim and the demamd is very low.

Malvan
Medlem
#34 Skrivet: 16 Mar 2021 17:57

Citerar: Maigret, #31:
Everything about rules and instructions is written in Swedish

Here are some rules in English:
https://schackonline.com/tournaments/wiki/index.ph p?title=About_the_Championship

Benzell
Medlem
#35 Skrivet: 16 Mar 2021 21:42

A step forward, Good, Keep on

<< . 1 . 2 .
Du måste logga in för att kunna posta!