Diskussionsforum

- Forum - Statistik - Sök -
schackOnline diskussionsforum / Schackdiskussion / How is it possible?
Författare Meddelande
Benzell
Medlem
#1 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 11:50

This is something that fascinates me. I note that there are players having about fifty (!) games ongoing at the same time and also all the time. How is this possible? To me, this seems unbelievable.
How does anyone manage to keep all these games apart?
In addition, a lot of challenges are posted all the time, in a never ending story ??
Sometimes, I play simultaneous chess but never against so many (approximatly about ten) and after such an effort, I have to rest my brain for some time
A question to you my friends : How many games can you keep running at the same time?
Best Regards / Benzell

Jazu
Medlem
#2 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 13:53 - Redigerad av: Jazu

I have about 25-40 games runing simultaneously at any given time. I don´t always feel the need to keep them apart at all stages of the game. But the first thing I do is to always look at the last two moves and do a quick scan of the board. This usually gives me good sence of where I´m at in the game. I think I kategorise all my games by what stage they are at or if the game is harder or easier. Opening moves or easier games don´t require as much attention so I go through them faster while games that are more difficult or at a crucial stage I tend to take more time and maybe save them to last. Sometimes I even leave them untill the next time I log on. The main reasson I feel that I can play as many games as I do is the time limits that are available. I usually prefer 3 days per move which gives me plenty of time to catch up on a game if I don´t recall my strategy. But with all this said. I lose less games when I play fewer games at a time and I make less misstakes. But I get bored easily and hate waiting so I prefer having more games in play even though it might effect how I play them

timmy
Medlem
#3 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 14:01

Citerar: Jazu, #2:
But I get bored easily and hate waiting so I prefer haveing more games in play even though it might effect how I play them

I think this is the main reason that I sometimes have many games at one time. When I log on I have 20-50 games ongoing, but only 2-4 moves to make every time I log on. It´s not like playing simultaneously against 50 persons live.

Benzell
Medlem
#4 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 14:16 - Redigerad av: Benzell

Hi Mr
Yeah youré sure right. But i do think that it´s difficult to remember how I analyzed (for exemple) this 47d game. It will lower the quality. I don´t really understand why one sholud have fifty gaems ongoing?
BR B

timmy
Medlem
#5 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 14:26

Citerar: Benzell, #4:
I don´t really understand why one sholud have fifty gaems ongoing?

We are different, and some of us are more different than others

Benzell
Medlem
#6 Skrivet: 22 Feb 2021 14:27 - Redigerad av: Benzell

Hi Sir
Ok
With all repect
But I still insist that it will lower the quality of the individual party, but can be compensated by the joy of playing a lot, which in the long run can of course increase the quality¨

B

Du måste logga in för att kunna posta!